Saturday, March 06, 2010

An alternative Fixed Partial Denture













Of course this is a case to case basis. I suggested this after assessing my patient's case. She has a missing central incisor (left), wearing a removable partial denture, and all her teeth are in good condition but her gum on 21 is knife edge. Definitely implant is out of the question due to her financial status and she doesn't want to have her 2 adjacent teeth be minimized or prepared as abutment for Fixed Partial Denture. So I offered this alternative, a Maryland Bridge framework using Ribbond ( bondable reinforcement ribbon) and no laboratory or no waiting for days. I chose a plastic pontic shade 66 (A2), put retention holes at the back and followed the instruction of ribbond. I checked my record , this ribbond Fixed Bridge was made on March 23, 2004 for my 34 years old female patient. She had it checked only once last year due to some sharp thing sticking out at the lingual side. I just trimmed it with round diamond bur and it's still in good shape. You could see in the photos the steps i did on my patient.

No comments: